Wednesday, August 04, 2010

How big is your saddle bag?

How much should you carry with you when you ride?

If you are like me you will err on the side of minimalism, if you listened to the "experts" you may end up looking like a pack mule crossing the desert for 3 months with a complete tool box.

I guess the answer really lies somewhere in between, but where? Well ask yourself 2 simple questions.

1. What is the likely hood that I will require this item
2. What is the worst that would happen if I did not have it.

That brings me to the pump and the chain breaker. Without these two items you are definitely in for a long walk because a flat wheel or a broken chain are your most likely mechanicals and definite show stoppers. Not to mention that you feel like a real idiot knowing that they are sitting on the shelf at home as you hobble home.


No comments: